Written by: Alice Robertson
If you’re ready to sell your home, the last thing you want to do is put it on the market before you make the right preparations. Along with making the necessary improvements, such as repairs and upgrades, you will want to invest time, energy, and perhaps money into cleaning the home. That’s because one of the quickest ways to make a good impression on potential buyers is to have your home spotless and organized during showings and keep it that way until it sells.
That’s why CH Construction has put together these tips and resources to help you prepare your home for sale:
De-clutter and Get Things Out
The first (and sometimes the hardest) step is to clear a path by de-cluttering and packing your belongings.
- Selling Your Home When De-cluttering Seems Impossible
- 8 Simple Strategies For When You’re Struggling to De-clutter
- Packing and Planning Strategies for Your Most Efficient Move Ever
Decide What to Do with Unwanted Items
Next, you have to decide what to do with everything you don’t need, whether that’s donating it or turning it into some extra cash!
- How to Responsibly Get Rid of the Stuff You’ve De-cluttered
- 6 of the Best Places to Donate Your Things
- 15 Websites to Help You Sell Stuff Online, Plus Tips on How to Do It
Get Your Clean On
And now comes the cleaning frenzy. Remember to take a deep breath, though. Don’t get too overwhelmed.
- 26 Dazzling Deep Cleaning Tips And Tricks That Will Make Your Home Sparkle
- Selling Your Home? Key Ways A Clean Exterior Can Help Sell It Faster
- 7 Stress Management Techniques to Help You Keep Your Cool
Last but not least, here’s how you make all that hard work last by keeping your home clean and show-ready until it sells.
- 6 Ways to Maintain a Clutter-Free Home
- 10-Minute Showing Day Cleaning Routine
- Smells That Sells: 5 Scents That Draw Home buyers In
When selling your home, nothing is more important than getting it clean and keeping it that way. Remember to thoroughly de-clutter, determine what to do with unwanted items, and clean your home like never before. Also, work to maintain your home’s cleanliness, and consider hiring professionals to help along the way. Any time, energy, and/or money you put in will likely pay off in a faster and more profitable sale.
For over fifteen years, CH Construction has provided home remodeling and construction services to some of the most demanding customers in Kansas City. Call (660) 267-3311.
Image via Burst